Thursday, July 10, 2008

out on a Whym

Whym is the one that replaced Cafe Minnies; comparisons are inevitable. Let's get it out of the way; Whym is not Minnies, thank christ*.

Admittedly this was my first visit. And it was between lunch and dinner, so it was really slow. But the service was super fast. My glass was never empty; it felt like that time with the Pham's I told you about a while back. The kitchen was really fast too.

It's a little pricey for an esculents restaurant; you can get something for less than $10, but not much. That's what happens when you cross Denny, I guess.

The food was good. Rakka liked her mushroom sandwich a lot.

portobello mushroom sandwhich at Whym
Mushroom sandwiches are tasty

My eggs benedict was yummy too, though the hollandaise wasn't very subtle. I mean, it was bright neon yellow. The flavor was 'rich', but I can't think of any more adjectives. It was ten bucks.

eggs benedict, florentine style, at Whym
Eggs Benedict, Florentine style
(there are 4 styles to choose from)

The name is a little too much for me. It's like they're trying to make me pun, the bums. It's like they know my weaknesses. Don't worry though, I'm not going to do it. Except for the title. At least I used the least sensical pun I could think of. It made me feel better somehow.

Whym signage
[Insert Whim pun here]
[no, don't! -ed]

I'm pretty happy with with the place, overall. I'll be back, I'm sure. Their dinner menu is said to be fantastic (source: head server).

* there's something about waiting an hour and a half for food that makes you sick, that makes you only do it once.

[where: 101 Denny Way, Seattle, WA, 98109]
Whym on Urbanspoon

No comments: