Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Jackson Grill in Paradise

I'm a hungry traveler with a love of road food, so it's not surprising that I photo documented lunch at the Jackson Grill. It's in Paradise on Mt. Rainier, which I visited for the first time this weekend. (more about that on leff, if you're interested)






One of the things I most wanted to see other than the mountain itself (which was a bust, btw. stupid weather), was the Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center. It's not long for this world, and I'd hate to have missed it. The Jackson Grill is the food concession in there.



Henry M. Jackson Visitor Center



I'll be honest. It's not the best food you'll ever eat. It's certainly competent and useful national park concession food. I'm totally down with it. The perfect pick-me-up after a long drive up a volcano.



Grilled chicken sandwich at the Jackson Grill



It's not the only food choice on the mountain. There's the restaurant at the Paradise Inn. It was serving thirty dollar brunch when we were there. Not my cup of tea. The other option is the restaurant at the National Park Inn, down the hill in Longmire. They mysteriously warned us about two large parties that were just seated. Not sure why, the place didn't look half full. Maybe we were smelly after our light hike.



Anyway, I totally dig on the Jackson Grill and plan to go back as many times as possible before they tear down the building (next year).



[where: paradise, washington]

No comments: