Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hip Top Hop Pot [Top Pot's second annual doughnut eating contest]

I skipped the Bite last weekend, and I think I got away with it. But if I tried to skip Top Pot Doughnuts second annual doughnut eating contest I'm pretty sure they'd take my food blogger license away.

top pot doughnut eating contest
Chomp! The winner is in peak form.

The Saturday Knights played, actually during the eating. It was a little weird, but good. I think some of the contestants were in it more for the music than the confections (check out the guy all the way on the left, in the cubs hat, head banging his way to last place. He mentioned that he had a hard night last night :)

Sorry about the crappy video. Being the slacker that I am I got there late and had to stand in the back on a chair.



It was fun to see Nancy Guppy in person. I've been seeing Seattle through her eyes since the first day I was in town. She was covering bumbershoot while we unpacked (yes, we moved to lower queen anne during bumbershoot. that was fun, let me tell you).

[where: Top Pot, 2124 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98121]

No comments: