Friday, May 23, 2008

parking garage teriyaki

One of the things I love about downtown Seattle is its way of putting restaurants in really weird places. Down random alleys is child's play. I'm talking, like, the basement of a labor union (technically, that's belltown). Underneath a bank of america. Or my favorite, upstairs in a parking garage.

Community Grocery & Deli is one isle of a convenience store, about six little tables left over from a western movie set, and a kitchen. It's called a deli, but they serve teriyaki. The doors open, from inside some random parking garage, directly on some stairs, which in turn lead right up in to the middle of everything. There are no windows. At the counter is a little old asian dude that doesn't speak any english. It's fantastic.



The food is good for a parking garage. What sort of surprised me is that 'good for a parking garage' is a little above average for Seattle teriyaki places. I don't go out of my way for it, but when I'm in the area I love to stop in. It's my second favorite parking garage restaurant.

Community Grocery & Deli on Urbanspoon
[where: 1102 5th Ave, Seattle, Washington, 98101]
or [where: 415 Seneca St, Seattle, WA ]
[map] [outside.in]

No comments: