Monday, May 19, 2008

Mai Phim Thai Restaurant

Mai Phim has it all: blaring Taiwanese pop, waitresses that sound like anime characters, and most importantly, good food. It's an unassuming little place near the market.

Mai Phim Exterior
Exterior

It's menu is typical of Thai restaurants. Swimming Rama, Phad Thai, Pad Kee Mao, curries, etc. I had the Panang curry with chicken. I asked for spicy, and it was just right. It made my lips burn, but the flavors still shone through.

Mai Phim Panang Chicken Curry
Panang Chicken Curry

My lunch companion had soup. The Tom Kah Kai with coconut milk and mushrooms. I got to try some, and it was very tasty as well.

Mai Phim Tom Kah Kai
Tom Kah Kai

It is a bit of a hole in the wall. Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Mai Phim Interior
Interior

Oh, remember the Thai Pop music? I took a video, just for you.



And so we come to the conclusion. Was it good? Definitely. Was it reasonably priced? See for yourself.

Mai Phim Receipt
17 something. That's awesome for two people


Update
I was listing the wrong location. The place pictured above is the one on Pike. The one on Columbia is good too though.

Mae Phim on Urbanspoon
[where: 213 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101] [map]
Other location: [outside.in] [where: 94 Columbia St, Seattle, WA 98104] [map]

3 comments:

Phil Wilson said...

Boo, broken video!!

This sounds like the best place ever, seriously!

leff said...

it's just a blogger video. it should be an flv played in a flash player. the most playable video on the web.

Wait, no. Blogger makes 3gps? Wtf? I'm targeting web, not mobile.

Try the flickr version, it'll probably work better.

(the place was good. Mmmm)

Sujan Patricia said...

I went somewhere new for lunch today. mae phim thai, which is a very busy place around lunch time! i got pad see ew, which was most certainly not pad see ew, since my noodles were rather thin. but it was good.

Thanks,
Sujan from Thailand