Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cocoa Banana is dead, long live Cocoa Banana!

Cocoa Banana is a little smoothie place with a big salad bar. It's closing this month, to reopen around the corner (next to Bakeman's). I stopped in to the original version yesterday for possibly the last time.

Cocoa Banana Salad (close up)
Lovely, lovely salad

I got the salad.

cocoa banana big ol' salad
probably a little too much salad

I have to admit, I love salad bars. And they have a ton of good of stuff. Result: I tend to go a bit overboard. It's only $5.15 a pound or something. The tax pushed me over ten bucks. Oops. Oh well, it's salad, it's healthy.

Cocoa Banana Salad Bar
it's a really long salad bar

Well you probably could get an unhealthy salad there. Skip all the veg, go right to the fried tofu and ham, cover it with some creamy dressing and you've got a heart stopper. Me, I like the sugar snap peas and raw tofu. Yum. I hope the new store has room for this much salad.

Cocoa Banana on Urbanspoon
[where: 611 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA 98104]

No comments: