Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Happy Teriyaki

There are two things you go to Happy Teriyaki for: quantity and speed. Also, it's cheap.

To be honest, I have a rather unflattering nickname for the place. I stand by it, but as I do actually like the place, I won't actually spell it out. Suffice it to say, it rhymes with "Happy Teriyaki" and starts with "Cr".

Spicy Chicken from Happy Teriyaki
Spicy Chicken

It may seem strange that I disparage the place with stupid names, but still claim to like it. Or maybe not. You probably expect this type of thing by now. Any place that packs a large styrofoam container (though maybe not for long, what will happen in january? ooOOoo!) for less than $8 is bound to find itself in my good graces some days.

And it's not bad, for what it is. And it's fast. Everything's ready when you get there. The rice is already in the container. You tell them container size and choice of meat and it's assembled almost as you finish talking. When the line is out the door it still only takes 5 to 10 minutes to get through. When you're big hurry and you've a big hunger, you can't really beat it.

I should mention, if you get tofu or fish (breaded) they fry it up fresh. It takes longer, but it's good. Nice and crispy.

No comments: